Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Long Beach (JLLB)! Each year, the JLLB trains groups of first-year members (New Members) to be effective volunteers and leaders in our community.
New Members complete a comprehensive training series which allows them to learn about our League structure and programs, as well as experience some of our community programs first-hand to prepare for effective community and League involvement. The New Member training course includes small group training meetings, a low ROPES course, and attending League functions such as general membership meetings and committee meetings. Should a New Member fail to complete her requirements within the given time frame, she will be ineligible to attain active status and asked to repeat the New Member Training Course. New Members are not eligible to hold office or vote at General Membership Meetings. View the requirements.
Click New Member Agreement – Winter 2020 to review a sample New Member Agreement!
Another great way to learn more about membership in JLLB is to attend one of our Informational Mixers! Representatives of the New Member Training committee will be on hand to answer all your questions and guide you through the process to join!
Join us at one of our upcoming Open Mixers for prospective members!
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
A series of four consecutive training sessions are offered to provide new members a strong foundation for membership in the League. Fall classes are scheduled as follows:
Junior League of Long Beach (JLLB) uses the following criteria for the consideration of prospective members:
- At least 21 years of age by the admission deadline
- Possess an interest in voluntarism, a commitment to community service, an interest in developing the potential of women, and an interest in providing voluntary community participation
- Reside or work within the greater Long Beach area
- Attend New Member training sessions 1 through 4
- Understands and agrees to the responsibilities of new members – View the requirements
- Fulfills new member dues and course fee requirements.
Thank you again for your interest in the Junior League of Long Beach! If you have additional questions about becoming a member or our New Member Training program please email email@example.com