Today, the Junior League of Long Beach (JLLB) has more than 450 Active and Sustaining members. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women of diverse backgrounds. A majority of JLLB members each balance work and family in addition to their volunteer commitments.
As an organization, we remain committed to empowering our members to serve as catalysts for lasting community change, to developing future community and civic leaders and to working collaboratively with our nonprofit partners to create impact throughout the greater Long Beach community. The Junior League of Long Beach has been, and will continue to be, an instrumental force for positive change in the community.
Benefits of Membership
- Connections – We connect to communities in need, to people we serve and to those with whom we serve.
- Training – Our “on-the-job” training through volunteering provides new skills for lifelong use. We have programs that help train for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development.
- Pursuit of Interests – Opportunity to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests.
- Leadership Development – Opportunities to serve on community Boards of Directors and chair committees that make an impact in the community.
- Community Impact – We take pride in our awareness of community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions so that we can continue to make a positive impact in the community.
- Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England.
New Friends and Opportunities – For continued growth and personal fulfillment.
Annual Duties of Active Membership
For more details, see Become a Member for membership information sessions.
- Attendance at General Membership Meetings
- Placement participation
- Service Hours
- Annual Dues