Today, the Junior League of Long Beach (JLLB) has more than 450 Active and Sustaining members. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women of diverse backgrounds. A majority of JLLB members each balance work and family in addition to their volunteer commitments.
As an organization, we remain committed to empowering our members to serve as catalysts for lasting community change, to developing future community and civic leaders and to working collaboratively with our nonprofit partners to create impact throughout the greater Long Beach community. The Junior League of Long Beach has been, and will continue to be, an instrumental force for positive change in the community.
Click here to read the New-Member-Agreement-Winter 2020
Click here to complete the 2020 New Member Application.
Benefits of Membership
- Connections – We connect to communities in need, to people we serve and to those with whom we serve.
- Training – Our “on-the-job” training through volunteering provides new skills for lifelong use. JL helps train members for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development.
- Pursuit of Interests – Engage with a diverse group of community members and pursue common interests.
- Leadership Development – Learn skills that support serving on community Boards of Directors and chairing committees that make an impact in the community.
- Community Impact – We take pride in being aware of community needs and seeing opportunities to contribute solutions so that we can carry on making a positive impact in the community.
- Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable to JL branch locations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England.
- New Friends and Opportunities – Meet like-minded women for continued growth and personal fulfillment.
Annual Duties of Active Membership
For more details, see Become a Member for membership required elements.
- Attendance at General Membership Meetings
- Placement participation
- Service Hours
- Annual Dues