JLLB Long Beach’s Winter New membership registration will open December 20, 2016
Ready to join Junior League of Long Beach? Click here to be directed to the New Member Winter Application 2017
Today, the Junior League of Long Beach (JLLB) has more than 450 Active and Sustaining members. Our membership includes executives, community leaders, entrepreneurs, mothers and professional women of diverse backgrounds. A majority of JLLB members each balance work and family in addition to their volunteer commitments.
As an organization, we remain committed to empowering our members to serve as catalysts for lasting community change, to developing future community and civic leaders and to working collaboratively with our nonprofit partners to create impact throughout the greater Long Beach community. The Junior League of Long Beach has been, and will continue to be, an instrumental force for positive change in the community.
Save the date for our last Winter 2016-2017 New Member Mixers on February 8th. The Registration for these mixers will open on December 20th, 2016
Benefits of Membership
- Connections – We connect to communities in need, to people we serve and to those with whom we serve.
- Training – Our “on-the-job” training through volunteering provides new skills for lifelong use. We have programs that help train for effective community service and leadership, including finance, fundraising, leadership, public relations and marketing, advocacy and personal development.
- Pursuit of Interests – Opportunity to engage with like-minded women and pursue common interests.
- Leadership Development – Opportunities to serve on community Boards of Directors and chair committees that make an impact in the community.
- Community Impact – We take pride in our awareness of community needs and opportunities to contribute to solutions so that we can continue to make a positive impact in the community.
- Membership Transferability – League membership is transferable throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, and England.
New Friends and Opportunities – For continued growth and personal fulfillment.
Annual Duties of Active Membership
For more details, see Become a Member for membership information sessions.
- Attendance at General Membership Meetings
- Placement participation
- Service Hours
- Annual Dues