The Junior League of Long Beach Self-Esteem Community Program is proud to present Especially Me! A free self-esteem workshop series for girls between the ages of 10-16. The goal of Especially Me! is to instill the idea in each girl that she is unique and special. Participants will learn skills to help them increase their happiness and confidence, make good decisions, be assertive, express themselves, and help them develop a stronger sense of self.
Due to COVID-19 we have made changes to our workshop to ensure the safety of our community youth and our league members. We have replaced the in-person full day workshop with a series of short 45-minute online mini-workshops facilitated by the JLLB Self-Esteem Committee and volunteer league members.
MINI WORKSHOP SERIES TOPICS:
- Self-Esteem: What is it? How do we get it? What can we do to increase self-esteem?
- Body Awareness and Puberty: Changes to your body & menstrual cycles and includes a free book
- Goal Setting: What is a goal? How to achieve goals?
- Decision Making & Assertiveness: Making good choices
- Anti-bullying: What is bullying? How to identify bullying and protect yourself?
- Safety Tips and Awareness presented by the Long Beach Police Department
If you’re interested in learning more about this free online community programming and would like to participate in our future workshops please email JLLB Self-Esteem chair, Angela Tarango at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Out Our Upcoming Events