What is CalSPAC?
Since 1971, the Junior Leagues of California State Public Affairs Committee (CalSPAC) has represented the interests of its member Leagues and their
community projects to policymakers at the national, state, and local levels. CalSPAC advocates for legislation favorable to its member Leagues’ projects and issues in:
17 member Junior Leagues comprised of over 10,000 women who volunteer over 140,000 hours to 111 community projects, and give over $1 million dollars annually to their communities.
2016-2017 JLLB State Public Affairs Committee Representatives
- Jaylene Westfall- Junior CalSPAC delegate
- Sara Garcia – Senior CalSPAC delegate
- Track legislation relevant to Junior League projects and focus areas
- Advocate for specific legislation relevant to Junior Leagues’ issues and projects
- Coordinate the exchange of information from community-based League projects to policy makers in Sacramento and Washington D.C. as well as locally
- Attend working conferences for discussion of and voting on SPAC’s position on relevant legislation, as well as training and networking activities
- Educate Junior League members about legislation that affects League projects and efforts.
- Contribute to the Administration of the SPAC organization.
Elected Officials Request Form:
JLLB Members, click here for more information and to submit your elected officials request form!
There Ought To Be A Law Campaign:
JLLB Members, click here for more information and to submit your proposed law!
For More Information about CalSPAC:
Please visit the official California SPAC website.